Recurring payments question

Options

I am using Windows 11 and just converted to Quicken online version. I have my recurring transactions set up but they are now not auto entering into my register. How do I get this to happen? I previous used the desktop version and it worked great.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am not sure what you mean by the "Quicken online version." Quicken Classic has always been and still is a computer-based program. The difference is that it used to be we had to buy a new program at least once every 3 years and now it is an annual subscription program. But they are all still computer-based.

Quicken Classic does have a couple of extensions that allow one to view and manage some of the accounts and data in a Mobile device and on the Web. But they are not standalone extensions as we still need to have Quicken Classic installed on our computer.

There is a sister application called Simplifi. This is truly an online web-based application. Quicken Classic and Simplifi are not compatible with each other.

So, if you could provide a little more information about which product you are using, it would be very helpful in providing you a good answer.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• SheilaB
    SheilaB Member
    Options

I stand corrected. I am using Quicken on the web. It looks and acts a little different than the version I was using when it was solely on my desktop. My question is the same: In "Bills and Income" - in the non web-based application of Quicken, my recurring transactions automatically entered into my ledger. Since I switched to the web-based app they are not doing this. Is there something I need to be doing in order to "reactivate" the auto-entry feature?

• SheilaB
    SheilaB Member
    Options

I think I may have figured it out, correct me if I'm wrong. In my checking account ledger, from the drop down menu, I chose "show reminders in ledger". It places each of the entries I made in "Bills and Income" into the ledger, with a little icon showing either "over-due", "due" or "upcoming". I right click on the icon and enter the transaction at this point.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah, yes, I use that feature to show Reminders in the register, too. It is a great way to get a view of future account balances for planning purposes.

As you mentioned, it does not automatically enter the Reminders into the register but they are visible there. The Reminders themselves can be set to either be manually entered when we want to or to be automatically entered. Automatic entry is really nice for when there is a recurring bill for a fixed amount that is automatically paid from the payment account or by the biller.

I do not use Quicken on the Web so I did not know it has that feature. Do make sure to not solely rely on Quicken on the Web for managing your accounts and bills. It was not designed to do that. Be sure to frequently sync your Quicken on the Web changes with your Quicken Classic computer installation because it can become problematic if your Quicken on the Web and Quicken Classic get out of sync with each other. Your Quicken Classic computer installation should be your primary Quicken tool. Quicken on the Web was designed to be used mostly for when you are not able to access your computer, such as when you are at work or traveling, or when you wish to share some financial data with another trusted person.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• SheilaB
    SheilaB Member
    Options

Thanks for the great information! So now another question arises: How do I sync my Quicken on the web with my desktop Quicken?