"MiscExp" missing in investment account Action list

Options
Ray
Ray Member ✭✭✭✭

"MiscExp" is no longer in the Action drop-down list for a "Traditional IRA" account. But it is in the Action list for "Brokerage " accounts. The last time I used it in a transaction was 12/30/2022. It is missing in two data files.

There isn't anything in the Action drop-down list that I can use for an expense.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't see it either. Seems like a bug that needs to be corrected.

But if I click on the Enter Transactions button above the account register I see Miscellaneous Expense is still listed there. Do you see it there as well?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks,

I've never used the "Enter Transactions" button next to "Holding." Instead I use the drop-down in the Action column of the transaction I'm entering. The button did allow me to enter the new transaction. What's more interesting is that this list is very different than the Action column list. Users need to be aware of both. Attached is a screenshot of the lists that are available.

Left column - These are available from the "Enter Transactions" button next to "Holding." You will see Miscellaneous Expense in the list. This list appears to be the same in the "Traditional IRA" and the "Brokerage" Account type.

Middle column - At the top is the Account type: "Traditional IRA". The list below it is what's available in the Action column. I used Edit on my transaction entered in 12/30/2022. You'll see "MiscExp" at the top because I'm editing an old transaction. But it isn't a choice in the drop-down list.

Right column - These are available in the Action column in an Account type: "Brokerage." It's a much longer list than in the "Traditional IRA."

Quicken needs to straighten this out.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I agree. It would be good to report this to Quicken via Help > Report a Problem. I think just a brief description of the issue and then referencing the URL to this thread would probably be enough. I don't think you need to send any of the reports/files that are checked so you can uncheck them.

You won't get a response back from Quicken regarding it but the Quicken Development Team does review the problems reported via this path.

• Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I bombard them using Help all the time, especially with the CC-502 from Citibank that occurs as frequently as 20% of the download for years.

I submitted the following using Report a Problem today.

Category: "Investments"

Subject: "The MiscExp transaction is no longer available in the Action column list"

Description:  "The MiscExp transaction is no longer available in the Action column drop-down list for a "Traditional IRA" account. However, "Miscellaneous Expenses" is in the list available by clicking the "Enter Transactions" button in the account register. The types of transactions available in the Action column and button are very different. The Action list in a Broker account is much larger too. Why the inconsistency?"

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Great!

This discussion has been closed.