Reported amounts on some investment transactions don't match what is in the register?

Options
r.l.thomas
r.l.thomas Member ✭✭
edited March 2 in Reports (Windows)

I decided to sum the amounts of buys and sells for the 4th quarter of my 401(k) against the totals shown on the year-end statement. I created a simple transaction report on just my 401(k) account for the 4th quarter. I copied and pasted into Excel and summed the buys and the totals matched exactly. But the sells (just the sold transactions to pay the monthly fees) were off. Closer inspection showed all 5 sold transactions on the report showed the correct # of shares sold, but a different dollar amount than what appeared in the register. Holding in the register were spot on compared to the EOY statement. But the Quicken report just showed different amounts for the 15 sold transactions. What in the heck is going on? — Rich

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    Options

Were the differences just a few pennies? If so, the discrepancies were probably due to rounding.

Did you enter these transactions manually, or did you accept downloaded transactions? When entering manually, you should enter the number of shares sold and the amount received and let Quicken calculate the price per share. Often this will be slightly different from the reported closing price per share.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.