why my investment information are not dowloaded

Options
yougemorin
yougemorin Member

I was used to use Mint application and from that application, all account saving and investment information are downloaded.

But with quicken, only the saving account information are downloaded. How can I have the investment part to be downloaded?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not a lot to go on here.

What's the name of the Financial Institution(s) involved here? Not all Financial Institution(s) allow for downloading into Quicken.

Have you attempted to link your Investment Account(s) to the Financial Institution that maintains them for you? If you have attempted to link these Accounts and failed, do you get any sort of error message?

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken does NOT support downloading investment transactions from RBC Royal Bank. I've been using Quicken with RBC for more than 30 years. Downloading of banking and credit card transactions from RBC is supported (both Web Connect and Express Web Connect); downloading of investment transactions is not supported.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not a lot to go on here.

What's the name of the Financial Institution(s) involved here? Not all Financial Institution(s) allow for downloading into Quicken.

Have you attempted to link your Investment Account(s) to the Financial Institution that maintains them for you? If you have attempted to link these Accounts and failed, do you get any sort of error message?

• Arctic Hare
    Options

In Quicken Canada, there are a total of zero Canadian financial institutions that support an Express Web Connect session for investment transactions download and zero Canadian financial institutions support Direct Connect. There is a tiny bit of support for Web Connect for investment transaction download. If the OP names the financial institution, I could look up whether Web Connect is supported for investment transactions - it is a very short list.

Simply put, the Canadian version of Quicken has very little/limited support for downloading investment transactions. I am able to download all my banking transactions (or, I used to be able to do so, but EWC with BMO is completely broken), but I must enter 100% of my investment transactions manually.

• yougemorin
    yougemorin Member
    Options

I am using a RBC account. For one login at RBC, I can see saving and investment accounts. I did not get any messages errors. As mentioned, with the mint from intuit application, it was able to download from RBC.

Thanks for the help

• Arctic Hare
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken does NOT support downloading investment transactions from RBC Royal Bank. I've been using Quicken with RBC for more than 30 years. Downloading of banking and credit card transactions from RBC is supported (both Web Connect and Express Web Connect); downloading of investment transactions is not supported.

• Tenderfoot77
    Tenderfoot77 Member, Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    Options

We have CIBC and Tangerine as financial institutions. The only sure way to maintain accurate data is to have a duplicate of the investments in Quicken portfolios which gets updated every 15 minutes (delayed). On the other hand, you could always fully trust any financial institutions to have accurate information… yeah right! 😏

This discussion has been closed.