Chase Business credit cards - downloading into wrong account and cant' find all accounts

Options
mjonis
mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

I can dupe this with a brand new data file (well at least the last part), and it started a few days ago, along when others reporting the same thing.

Chase BUSINESS credit cards. I have 4 of them. I closed one account (with Chase, not in Quicken). A few days later, Quicken downloaded the Annual Fee credit into the Ink Unlimited card, not the Ink Preferred card (which is the one I closed). Yesterday, OSU started reporting it can't find the Ink Unlimited card, but all the other 3 are fine (including the one that's closed).

I waited for today and did the Reset Account action that the wizard walks you through. It wanted to re-authorize (fine), The web screen showed FOUR credit cards. Good. Quicken then says it can't find TWO of them now (the Ink Unlimited and the Ink Preferred).

What's going on with Quicken lately that a lot of folks are having issues like this (this is now the 2nd bank exhibiting this behavior—my other is Discover, and i posted separately about that one). I created a brand new data file and it won't find the cards either, so obviously there's an issue with Quicken/Intuit's servers.

Oh, and this is AFTER I just got the update this morning to Quicken Classic Deluxe. R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16, so the update hasn't fixed/changed anything, AFAIK.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mjonis,

Just to clarify, you experienced this same issue in a new file?

Thanks.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes. Same issue with a brand new data file. Doesn't see all the accounts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mjonis,

Since this issue is occurring in a new file as well, I suggest first reaching out to Chase or navigating to their website to see if you need to allow permission to third-party applications (or something along those lines) for the account that Quicken is unable to find.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's nothing with an EWC+ connection that requires that beyond the initial authorization (once you login to Chase website, it gives you a summary of which accounts you want to share and there's checkboxes). ALL FOUR accounts are shown. ALL FOUR are checked.

This, IMO, is an issue with Quicken/Intuit's servers. Similar issue happens with Discover (and others are reporting this as well).

I did a Report Problem when this initially happened.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mjonis,

Since this issue occurs in your main file and a test file, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for assistance.

While submitting a problem report provides the logs that our support agents will need to escalate, they are unable to proceed with escalation unless they have you live on the phone or chat with them. Submitting a problem report without contacting support will only be used for tracking and investigative purposes when there is a widespread issue. And as stated at the top of the problem report submission screen, you will not receive a direct response by submitting.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you, not your fault.

Ironically I tried something the other day that seems to "jive' with what the Community Alert had posted over the weekend:

I went into my Chase account, and verified that all the accounts had checkboxes for Quicken Authorization.

I UNCHECKED the "problematic" account. Applied the setting. Waited a minute. Re-checked the box and applied the setting.

Then went into Quicken to add the account yet again and this time it saw it.

I have NO idea why, when the Chase Authorization website pulls up it HAD all the accounts there already or WHY it magically stopped working (but around the same time everyone else had issues).

Too bad there's no option that I can find for Discover cards, as it's doing the same thing (started around the same time as well). That's why I think it's more of an Intuit server issue (something stuck there that causes it to not see all accounts until you "re-prod" it again)?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mjonis,

Thank you for coming back to share this useful information!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.