R54 .16 new OSU issue- posted transactions not marked as cleared?

Options
Joseph Witkin
Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭

Since update to 54.16 2 days ago, both mornings my One Step Update appeared to be successful, but while accepting the downloaded transactions from my Bank of America credit card, one transaction each day that had in fact posted (per BOA website) was not marked with a checkmark as cleared, and so the reconcile balance was off by that amount. Manually checking off that item brought the reconcile balance to 0.00, and I could continue.

Hadn't seen that particular error before. Anyone else seeing it?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it possible that the downloaded transaction mis-matched itself to a previous instance of the same payee or amount, one that had already been cleared and reconciled?

If that happens again, be sure to check for a correct match. Unmatch or Match manually to reset the match to the correct transaction.

• Joseph Witkin
    Options

no, these are regular scheduled monthly transactions. They never had a problem previously. Yes, I can match them manually, but this is still a bug.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you know in fact that they were downloaded? Obviously, if you don't auto-enter the download and review them individually as you accept them, you would know this for sure. If you do auto-enter, then look at the log file (Help→Contact Support). The new stuff is at the bottom.

The reason I bring this up is that my CU only downloads stuff from the day before and earlier, nothing for the day of the download even though they were cleared/posted.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Joseph Witkin
    Options

I enter my schedule transactions ahead, so it would have been already in the reconcile window. As I said, there was no checkmark next to the transaction in question, so presumably, it was not downloaded, or the download was not recognized, despite the fact that it had posted on the bank’s website and clearly should have been downloaded. I do not auto enter, I always look after the OSU.

• Joseph Witkin
    Options

to your point, there has never been a lag from Bank of America in transactions being downloaded after they post. If there were, this would have always been as it is now, and that is not the case.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh no, there's definitely bugs with this update. About 8 of my banks are asking me to reauthorize but the software just hangs while trying to do so with spinning circles on both the website & Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.