Thinking of getting quicken for mac

Options

I want to know how many accounts I can have on quicken? Someone said something about files. If thats the way to have multiple accounts, can I add and subtract from them and get reports?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One Q file can have MANY accounts in it. And, you can have multiple files. It's usually recommended that 1 Q file be associated with a single tax entity.

You can add accounts, within a file, as you need to. One doesn't normally "subtract" accounts, but rather just closes them after they've been closed in the real world.

There are many report templates that come with Q. You can create more, and customize the ones that came pre-packaged.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I will add that if you want reports to contain data from multiple accounts, those accounts need to be in the same Quicken data file. You can set up reports to contain data from one account, all accounts in a file, or any subset of accounts you designate.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken is just a large database of your financial info -
    most folks use a single Quicken file to contain everything - makes it easier for reporting

As mentioned, usually related to a single tax reporting - like Married Filing Jointly - all related accounts & assets -
    You can have as many "accounts" as you have in real life - along with manually tracking any other assets -
    Lastly - you can download transactions from your online banking accounts, or have manual accounts you update… manually -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.