Quicken for Mac and Windows interoperability

Options
Da Ch
Da Ch Member ✭✭

Has anyone tried to use Quicken for Mac and Quicken for Windows together? I am hoping they sync through the mobile/web. So use Mac for most things, sync to web, and only use Windows when absolutely needed due to missing Mac features.

The reason I'd like to use Quicken for Mac is because it is much more modern, fast and easy to use. The only reason I'd even remotely consider Quicken for Windows is because it is the only one that has Rental management features, primarily for doing the taxes on the rentals. I have been tethered to Quicken for Windows for years because of this reason and it is very painful.

Alternatively, when will Quicken for Mac finally get Rental management features so I can ditch Windows?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not going to happen. They are two separate "similar", but different programs. Even the sync to Mobile/Web Quicken Cloud dataset is kept separate.

No one can tell you when a given feature is going to come out, but Quicken Mac just started getting business features (Quicken Mac has never had business features before this, even in the Quicken 2007 "old code"). So, I wouldn't think this year is a reasonable timeframe for rental property features on Quicken Mac.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.