Robinhood - BRK.B shares are coming into Quicken as BRK.A shares

Options
straightgoose
straightgoose Member
edited March 2 in Investing (Windows)

I hope all is well. The following has happened twice now. I own shares of BRK.B shares ( $383.74/share). When it imports into Quicken, it shows up as BRK.A shares which are ($578,020.00/Share - not a typo!) it is screwing up reports, etc. It is nice to see $100K in my list of stocks… but it isn't a true number. The first time it happened, I changed it back to BRK.B and it held for a couple of days and now it is acting up again. How can I fix this permanently besides selling the B shares and buying the A shares? please let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would guess that Robinhood is downloading the correct information but it is matched to the wrong security in Quicken.

First, back up your data file in case something goes wrong.

Then go to Tools > Security List and find the entries for BRK.B and BRK.A. Make sure the names match the ticker symbols.

Click on each security name to display the Security Detail view. Click on Edit Details and if the Matched with online security box is checked, un-check it.

Presumably you have never owned BRK.A. If there are any transactions for it in the the Transaction History area, find them in the account's Transaction List (register) and edit them to BRK.B.

Once you have corrected any incorrect transactions, you can delete BRK.A.

Now go back to the Detail view for BRK.B and click on More then Edit Price History. Look through the price history and correct or delete any incorrect entries. The wrong ones will be obvious because they have more digits!

The next time you download transactions from Robinhood and there is one for BRK.B, you should get a dialog asking to match this to a security in Quicken. Read this carefully and make sure you match the downloaded BRK.B to the BRK.B in Quicken.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.