How do i disable drop down lists

Options
r.schwartz
r.schwartz Member ✭✭
edited March 2 in Reports (Windows)

About a year ago, someone decided to make payee fields (and others) to be accessible via drop down list ONLY. Over the years I have paid over 1000 different companies/people. Trying to find a name in a drop down lists of that many names is extremely painful. Is there a setting to put the report options back to the way they were?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is this dropdown lists for report customization or when entering transactions?

In either case, you don't have to use the whole dropdown list; you can just start typing and the list should shorten to just include the matches.

There are settings to control this at Edit > Preferences > Data entry and Quickfill.

If you are still having trouble, please post back with a specific example of what you are trying to do.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is this dropdown lists for report customization or when entering transactions?

In either case, you don't have to use the whole dropdown list; you can just start typing and the list should shorten to just include the matches.

There are settings to control this at Edit > Preferences > Data entry and Quickfill.

If you are still having trouble, please post back with a specific example of what you are trying to do.

QWin Premier subscription
  • r.schwartz
    r.schwartz Member ✭✭
    Options

I apologize if this is a duplicate comment.

Changing the preferences did not solve the problem initially. But I noticed an option on the reports screen that said something to the affect of "return to old interface". After clicking that and answering the survey question, I could now use the reports interface.

This discussion has been closed.