Printing Reports in Windows

Options
nbtnn97
nbtnn97 Member ✭✭
edited March 3 in Reports (Windows)

I am trying to print reports and I would like to not print columns like Numbers, Memo, Cleared, Received and one or two more. I go into Preferences and check off what I want to see on the live report, and it's set correctly. But when I go and print all the extra columns, I don't want to show back up. I have been searching through the community logs off and on for the last few days with no success, and the only thing I have given myself, is a right royal headache and a right royal pain in the anterior end of my anatomy. I would greatly appreciate help from the LEARNED WIZARDS out there in QUICKEN LAND if you would help me, please!

Quicken Ver: R54.16; Build 27.1.54.16; Windows 10 Pro

Thanks,

Richard Germain, Jr

Norfolk & Western Steam #611 on turntable at Strasburg, Pennsylvania, summer 2023. She is home based in Roanoke, Virginia at the Virginia Train Museum.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It sounds like you are trying to print your account register by doing a File > Print <Account name>. As you have found, the format for that is very limited.

To get a more flexible report of your transactions, click on the gear at the top right and select More reports then Register report. When the report appears (it may take some time because it defaults to showing ALL the transactions in your register) you can set the date range then click on the gear at the top right to customize the report. Now you can select and reorder the columns you want to see.

Depending on what you want to see, there are other spending reports under the Reports menu.

Please post back if I misunderstood yur question.

QWin Premier subscription
  • nbtnn97
    nbtnn97 Member ✭✭
    Options

Jim, this is how I set up the report that I want to print. It doesn't have all the fluff.

When I go to print I don't need the column's with NUM, Category, Cleared. The Amount column should be "Spend". With the elimination of these columns, I hope that will give me the space so the information under Payee and Memo enough room to be totally viewed. Any help you and your Knowledgeable cohorts in the Quicken World can give, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Richard Germain, Jr

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    Options

My earlier advice on reports should do what you want.

But you are using Quicken in a very unusual way. You have set up an Account for prescriptions. Usually Accounts are just for actual bank or credit card accounts and you would use Categories for types of income or expenses like prescriptions.

You would enter the prescription expenses in the account you used to pay for them, with the Prescriptions Category. If you are reimbursed separately by insurance, you would enter that in the account that received the reimbursement, also using the Prescriptions Category.

Then you can use the Itemized Categories or Spending by Category report to track your spending.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.