Venmo account in Quicken. "Charged" transactions.

Options
FredMaine
FredMaine Member ✭✭

I've recently added Venmo as an account in Quicken. One thing that I can't figure out is the transaction added for a request for payment.
For example, I requested payment on the 23rd, and got it on the 26th. The Venmo register in Quicken looks something like this:

Account: Venmo XXX123

9/26/2023 John Smith Paid Entertainment 125.00
9/23/2023 Fred Charged John Smith for ticket reimbursement [Venmo XXX123] 125.00

The 'charged' transaction is a transfer into the same account; should I be concerned that the $125 appears twice as a positive number?

Thanks

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I'm reading this correctly, and assuming that that the balance in the Account on 9/22 was $0, then I'd say that the balance in the Account after the 9/26 download would be $250.00, and that's clearly incorrect except if one amount is in the Payment column and the other is in the Deposit column (or Spend and Receive or Charge and Payment, depending on how your set up the Account).

So do the two transactions cancel one another out, or are the additive?

• FredMaine
    FredMaine Member ✭✭
    Options

I'll post back here when I've sorted that out so that I can answer your question. I added Venmo to Quicken and it threw almost every payment in as "Other Income" category 😡 So I'm still sorting that part out.

This discussion has been closed.