Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) and QMac ?

Options

When I connect my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) its registering as $0.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• jdphillips
    Options

Quicken does not import or show previous transactions or balances for Thrift Savings Plan since last update. I have tried re-linking accounts, which seems to work at first. During the initial linking process, it shows the TSP balance. However, at the end, no transactions are shown and a $0 balance is shown.

• della1000_123
    Options

That's exactly what is happening to me. Hmm, would be nice to have that working. Thank you for the response.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Nick_00017
    Nick_00017 Member ✭✭
    Options

Can we escalate further? this happened to me on October 1 and has still not been rectified

• Sharon Smith
    Options

I am having the same problem. As a new user of Quicken this is very disappointing, especially given that I'm having trouble adding a Betterment account too (supposedly it's being worked on). Hope these issues are fixed soon!

• Oscar1909
    Oscar1909 Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am having the same problem, follow TSP login and balance comes up as Zero…..not the happy retirement I had hoped for, lol

• Letch54
    Letch54 Member ✭✭
    Options

Has someone from Quicken called TSP to find out what the issue is?

• chads225
    chads225 Member ✭✭
    Options

To add to the testimonies already shared, my Quicken for Mac subscription has continuously been unable to correctly download my Thrift Savings Plan balance and transactions since 1 October 2023. Nearly two months have gone by without a solution, which is very disappointing to me as a loyal and paying Quicken customer for 23+ years. Please get this fixed. Thank you.

• JDWINBUSH
    Options

Please have this resolved. I just transferred from Mint to Quicken this week, especially for the portfolio piece. This is unacceptable that people are paying for a service which this company benefits. How can a portion of your customers largest asset not be available. As the personal finance space is becoming more competitive, this lack is a major turn off.

Additionally the connection partially works as I see my outstanding loan balance, but the amount of my other TSP accounts show $0.

• jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    Options

I echo this statement 100%. My subscription is due in the next week and this is simply unacceptable.

• Phil G.
    Phil G. Member ✭✭
    Options

It is now 21 days since the last update. Quicken needs to address this issue promptly.

• G35SWO
    G35SWO Member
    Options

unacceptable amount of time has passed without update or resolution. how do I get a refund?

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@G35SWO Select the Support link at the top of the web page and select Quicken Classic. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and there's a Contact Support section. You can chat or call them on the phone but I'd suggest waiting until Monday since this is a holiday weekend.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• chads225
    chads225 Member ✭✭
    Options

Dear Quicken,

Please provide us an update on how you are proceeding on finding a solution for the Thrift Savings Plan download issues, particularly related to Thrift Savings Plan balances showing up as $0 starting on October 1, 2023 through today.

Thank you.

• mav1nav
    mav1nav Member
    Options

Please include me on this update. It has been months, Quicken please fix.

• Oscar1909
    Oscar1909 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Guys,

I am having the same problem and you lack of fixes is not acceptable….people need their balances for year end and tax planing….lets get with the program!

• goooool
    goooool Member
    Options

The community alert is reporting today (12/7) that this issue is resolved. It is not. Still getting a zero balance.

Frankly the alert isn't very helpful to begin with. There's no indication of what they're actually doing to fix it. They're not soliciting input to try and duplicate users' experiences, or providing suggestions or tips to get it working again if they've indeed fixed it on their end. So, we're still walking around in the dark. Sigh.

• JHV123
    JHV123 Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue is not resolved even though Quicken just posted issue is resolved and just zeroed out my account and removed all previous transactions actually making issue worse for me. I've sent all my info and sat on phone with tech for two hours and zero fix'. Been waiting since October for fix.

• ajmcfarland71
    Options

I am having the same issue. The link to TSP is NOT fixed in Quicken for Mac.

• jdphillips
    Options

Marked as RESOLVED, but is UNRESOLVED on my end, even after updating to latest Quicken release. Also disconnected and reconnected TSP accounts. Still showing $0.

• jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    Options

Not fixed at all. Here is what I have noticed. When I setup the account, it shows the balance of my TSP account in the add window once the account is located. However, once I click done, the balance shows “0”. This has been my experience since this issue started.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello All,

Since users are still reporting that this issue is ongoing, I went ahead and reached out internally to request that the ticket and Alert be reopened for this issue. Once it is reopened internally, the Alert here in the Community will be updated as well.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• mdollymore
    Options

What is up with posting the problem is solved and immediately posting it is now a problem again. I have been unable to update my TSP since OCTOBER. Please post a better/more detailed explanation for the ongoing problem. SHEESH.

Maura

• Hotwings
    Hotwings Member ✭✭
    Options

I contacted quicken support yesterday and was on the phone for over an hour while they tried to see why they can’t connect to the thrift savings plan (tsp.gov) server. I even spoke to a supervisor who also gave me a story that they can’t connect. I asked them why Mint can connect but quicken can’t? Quicken has never connected to TSP since being a quicken user for over 20 years. They wanted me to call tsp and see what can be done which is absurd. I said that they should call because I pay a subscription and I’m their customer. There are several million federal workers and military that have their 401k invested in TSP so why they can’t they make this a priority is puzzling. I did advise them that when mint shuts down at the end of the month and migrates to credit karma, that I will ask for a refund if CK can connect to TSP as CK evolves.

• jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m perplexed by their assertion that the issue was resolved when it’s evident that it wasn’t. As a loyal Quicken customer for over 25 years, since its early days, this situation demands a clear and satisfactory resolution. Moreover, It's absurd that Quicken is suggesting we contact TSP. What exactly do they expect TSP to do in resolving this issue? This is a matter that Quicken needs to address and resolve directly.

• johnwrobertspolnet
    Options

The inability for Quicken to download TSP account data seemed to coincide with TSP changing their consumer website in October. I don't know if this was just a coincidence or if the new website somehow blocks the automated download process.

• Hotwings
    Hotwings Member ✭✭
    Options

I’ve used Mint for several years and never had a problem auto downloading my tsp closing balances the next day. If they can do it…..makes you wonder how much effort they have put in to making that connection.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Comparing different "aggregators" is a pretty useless operation unless you are evaluating the product to decide to use this product or that one. Because any given product is going to be pretty much stuck with what the aggregator they picked can do.

The main problem is that the financial institutions have never standardized on any given protocol. That means that different programs and aggregators have had to come up with ways to get at the data. As such, each aggregator has their "bag of tricks" and where one "bag of tricks" might work for one financial institution it might not for another. But they're going to be pretty committed to their back of tricks and can't willy nilly change to a way that another aggregator is doing it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hotwings
    Hotwings Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the info, however, I can connect to my banks, credit cards, vanguard and trowe price with no issues. The only one I can’t is the tsp site and quicken support told me to contact tsp. What kind of customer support is that? I think it’s just laziness on their part IMO.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I definitely believe that their customer support could be better. One should also understand that they are also "middlemen". They really don't talk to financial institutions; they pay their aggregator (Intuit) to do that.

As for whether you can connect to XXX and believe that should mean that you can connect to YYY, that just isn't the way it works. Quicken Windows alone has Web Connect, Express Web Connect, Express Web Connect +, and Direct Connect methods. And Quicken Mac has Web Connect, Quicken Connect (which is similar, but not exactly like Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect +), and Direct Connect. Mint definitely uses a yet another method, as do most of the others have different ways of doing it, and different financial institutions are going to support different combinations of these.

And then at any given time, the financial institution might change something that makes that given connection fail and Quicken (along with their aggregator) is trying to support 15,000+ financial institutions.

And @johnwrobertspolnet suggestion is "right on" the possibility of what caused the failure. One of the BIG differences between Direct Connect/OFX and all the rest is that it requires a separate OFX server at the financial institution using a set protocol. This means that for the most part it is independent of what happens at the financial institution's website. All the others on the other hand usually have some kind of interface to the financial institution's website. So, changes to that website can disrupt the downloading. And usually, this downloading is very "secondary" to the main use and people making changes to these websites might not even be aware of the fact that this is happening and can easily break things without knowing it.

And even though people tend to believe that the world revolves around their download of this data, and that this would be a high priority for any financial institution, that just isn't the case. The people that want this service are a tiny minority of the financial institution's customers. And it just isn't going to get that much of a priority in most cases.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/