Does sync work with multiple files on one ID?

Options

I have 3 quicken files. I open one file and download banking info. Then, sync and exit the file. Now, I open the second file. When I start downloading the banking info for this file, I get the message "you are trying to sync and older file than the cloud file……………" If I go ahead sync the second file, I lose the changes made to the first file I opened. Is there any way around this? Can I have multiple files on one ID?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The direct answer to your direct question is "Yes."

But the multiple files must all have different, internal, identification numbers for this to work properly. If you make a Windows "copy" of a file and change the file name, that internal ID gets copied over to the new file and the Quicken "cloud" can't distinguish one file from the other.

To make the two files distinct, use Quicken's File > Copy (Create a Copy or Template) process. That will result in a "new" file (new internal
    file ID number) so that the two files don't interact. The new file will be completely disconnected from downloading so you'll have to re-establish these connections.

This discussion has been closed.