How to delete files on the cloud

Options

Quicken Classic Business and Personal Version 7.5.2 MacOS 12.7.2

I do not want my financial records on the cloud. When I looked up "how to" delete Quicken files on the cloud on Quicken.com the website says in part, "Your cloud data is not permanently deleted. When you reset cloud data, the following information is deleted and then immediately restored on the Quicken cloud" Does this mean that I have no option with Quicken but to leave my financial information out on the cloud? I can basically refresh it but can't delete the cloud files?

If those files can be deleted, please let me know how to do it.

Thank you, Rebecca

Tagged:

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just to clarify - are you MAC or PC ? posting in Win section, but list MacOS -

and, depending upon HOW you are using Quicken… do you use One Step Update to download from your banks/brokerage ?
    and depending upon which of these are using which download protocol - your info is transmitted via Intuit and their "cloud" -
    lastly - are you also using Quicken Sync for Mobile App or Quicken on the Web - this would again involve the Intuit "cloud" as the aggregator and the middleman between your bank/brokerage and your Quicken software products…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Along with Ps56k2's statements/questions, there are two distinct parts to the information that Quicken stores in the cloud.

The first part is the Quicken ID account part that retains information dealing with your subscription and your login credentials for the website (does not include logins to your financial institutions). That information is required and can not be deleted without completely separating yourself from using the Quicken program.

The second part is financial information. How much is there is dependent on how you answer Ps56k2's questions.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.