Auto bill pay

Options

Under bill pay, where exactly do I find the option that sets a bill to pay automatically every month?

I press "edit" on the bill reminder list but there's no box or choice to have the bill record automatically every month. Where is that choice? I have two entries that record automatically and three that I can't switch to auto entry. I think it was after an update that I lost the ability to choose auto record.

HELP??

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do want to initiate the payment from within Q? Or merely record what the bank/etc has done?

If merely record, look into Scheduled Transactions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Blue44
    Blue44 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hm. I posted my accidentally discovered, step-by-step way to change an entry from a reminder-only to an auto-pay item. For some reason nmy computer ate the whole response when I pressed "Post Comment." Oh well.

• Blue44
    Blue44 Member ✭✭
    Options

I needed to change a reminder (not auto-recorded) to one that would be auto-recorded every month. I accidentally figured it out.

Here's the process I had so much trouble trying to find:

1. Begin with an entry that is labelled "Upcoming" in the Bill Reminder list (It's only a reminder, not auto-recorded)
    2. Highlight the entry to be converted to auto pay.
    3. Select "Edit" in the choices across the top of the reminder list
    4. Under "Optional settings", click on "change" [blue-in parens)
    5. Then click on the radio button labelled "Automatically enter the transaction in the register"
    6. Press "OK."
    7. Then press "Done"

This process was not at all intuitive from where I started.

I tried setting up a new payment, and again the process is not intuitive. You have to guess that you will get the option for auto-pay. So you have to click on "Optional settings," and then make the choice. Hopefully Quicken will make the choice to choose auto-pay more obvious on that page.

This discussion has been closed.