Planning Assumptions window

Options

The Planning Assumptions window remains both tiny and unsizable with cruelly small font. Seems like a pretty basic thing to overlook fixing. It's been a difficult feature to use since I've had Quicken (over a decade). Please fix this. Don't leave your product in a state where it's difficult to use.

5 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

This is an example of the "Web GUI" interface that was introduced around about 2000 when Bill Gates was playing catch up for missing that the Internet was going to be a big thing and declaring that "Desktop is the web". This push meant that the "new hot GUI was web pages" in desktop applications. I remember how every time the Internet Explorer was changed you would get 404 page not found errors in Quicken (the web pages are rendered by the Internet Explorer backend libraries).

The Tax Planner is another example of a feature that was put in this same time period and got the same GUI. I don't use the Home & Business edition, but I believe the business forums are the same.

EDIT: this is an example of how many different "GUI APIs" are still in Quicken and why doing something like having dark mode is so hard. It is also the source of problems with high resolution screens. Hopefully some of these old interfaces will get updated. There is zero chance that Quicken Windows will be completely on one GUI API, but just getting some of these very old APIs changed to more modern ones will go a long way.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can often tell that a dialog was written while "everything is the web" by pressing Ctrl+ and Ctrl-. Those change the font size as they do in most browsers. It works in the Planning Assumptions dialog, but the window itself is too small for enlarging the font to be useful.

This idea has my vote.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.