When moving large number of transactions to new account, allow "OK for all" selection

Options
wtd60
wtd60 Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited February 5 in Display/UI

I had to delete an old, corrupted checking account. Before I did so I set all of the transactions in it to 'not cleared'. However, I didn't (couldn't) do the same for all of the accounts that may have been the recipient of a funds transfer from the old account. So when I tried to move all of the transactions (20 years worth), I am getting hundreds of these messages. Couldn't we have an "OK for all" button here?

Also, if I were to try to cancel, it only cancels this instance, the hundreds of other "R" transactions are still in line and there's no way to cancel the process. So a "Cancel All" and/or a "Cancel all and reset" button would be good here as well.

Bill D

6 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Voted up.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let me add that they have "improved this", but not got it all the way fixed.

In the past, Move Transactions would ask on every single reconciled transaction in the register.

No after the changes they made it doesn't do that, but it does ask for any transaction that has a transfer where the other side of the transfer is reconciled.

But that brings up another point of why this is most likely happening and why the current implementation is wrong.

The expected behavior if I move all the transactions from one register to another is that they will be exactly the same, but just in the new register.

This isn't what is happening. It is pretty clear that they are doing something like a copy and delete, because attachment and the status of the transfers change from reconciled to cleared.

Move should behave as expected, and only have one warning for moving reconciled transactions.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • wtd60
    wtd60 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

This is especially true as the message box only refers to a generic transaction identified only as a 'cleared (R ) item", without providing any clue as to which specific item might be in question. What is a user to do if he wonders, "Hmm, I wonder if I should review this one before clicking OK". There is no way to review the transaction before clicking the only choices: OK or Cancel. So perhaps the choices should be 'OK', 'OK for all' , 'Review Transacation', 'Cancel', and 'Cancel all'.

Or perhaps instead of a button for 'Review Transaction', that Quicken should automatically expose and highlight the transaction in question. However, as I stated in my original post, for a Move or Copy operation involving a large number of 'cleared (R ) items, that would still be a very tedious task unless an 'OK for all' button were also to be provided.

Bill D