Investments in Quicken do not match broker.

Options

I am running Windows Quicken Premier, Version R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16.or Windows.

I have about a dozen investment accounts. After I accept downloaded transactions, some accounts tell me that my Quicken holdings match the broker holdings but some from the same brokers do not. How can I export a report from Quicken that shows all the detail that Quicken uses to decide if the records match? I think that would be lot by lot with symbol, description, purchase date, qty, and cost per unit at a minimum.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd start with Account by account, then security by security to identify the discrepancies.

You broker downloads info re: each position and Q compares that info to what's stored in the particular account.

The ONLY thing that matters in this comparison is the Quantity. So try going back into your brokerage reports to see when the discrepancy began.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

go to each Investment account - click on "gear" in upper right corner - scroll to the Reconcile SHARES ……
    this is the only difference to track -
    That is also what probably popped up after the download - a difference in Shares -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look at the bottom of the investment registers. If there is a number other than zero in Placeholder Entries (0), you will need to resolve those placeholders.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

Quicken will do an auto-compare after downloading transactions from Investment accounts - and cause a mis-match popup
    and offer to create the "Placeholder" for the mis-match qty of shares -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.