Allow deletion of recent account reconciliation(s) without clearing entire reconciliation history

Options

Sometimes users do something in account reconciliations creating a discrepancy which they are unable to figure out how to fix. (It may have been changing the date of a transaction, or deleting or modifying a reconciled transaction.) In Reconciliation History, a user has a one-button option to Clear History, deleting all reconciliations for the account and marking all transactions unreconciled. But this is a nuclear solution to something which is often a recent, minor problem. What is needed is an option to delete one or more recent reconciliations without deleting years of reconciliation history.

Clearing/deleting a reconciliation would mark all transactions in that reconciliation as unreconciled and delete the reconciliation. It might be desirable to delete the selected reconciliation and all reconciliations which follow it, allowing the user to start re-reconciling from that point in time. (For instance in February 2024, if I clear a January 2024 reconciliation, the most recent, it would just delete that reconciliation. But if I clear the September 2023 reconciliation, it would warn me that this reconciliation and the four reconciliations which follow it will be cleared.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
6 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated