Problem Downloading Account Transactions

Options
khunter
khunter Member

I have several bank accounts and transactions for one particular account won't download. I checked Account List and the Transaction Download? says No. How do I change it to Yes. Thanks.

Best Answers

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Web Connect downloads are initiated from the financial institution's online banking website; conversely, Express Web Connect is initiated from within Quicken. The way to connect an account for download by Web Connect is simply to use the financial institutions download transactions to Quicken feature. Then, when you open that QFX file, Quicken should either import the transactions to an already connected account or it should prompt you to choose the account to which you want the transactions imported into; however, the default is to create a new account. If you want to connect the downloaded account to an existing Quicken account they you need to select that from the pick box.

• khunter
    khunter Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I tried it and it worked!! Thanks so much for your help.

Kathleen

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @khunter,

Which financial institution(s) are you experiencing this issue with? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? When did this issue begin to occur?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

deleted

• khunter
    khunter Member
    Options

The transaction file from the bank (Bank of Montreal in Canad) downloads OK but in the Accounts List this one account is identified as No under Transaction Download ?. All the other accounts are identified as Yes under Transaction Download ?. I don't seem to be able to change this designation under Edit. What do I do? Thanks.

Kathleen

• Arctic Hare
    Options

A "No" in that column means it is not connected; it doesn't mean it is not available. Are you using Express Web Connect or Web Connect download method? Also, what type of account is giving you the problem - what is the account type at the bank and what type of account did you use in Quicken?

• khunter
    khunter Member
    Options

I'm using Web Connect. The account is a savings account at the Bank of Montreal. The account is listed as Spending in Quicken, as are all the other accounts. What I don't understand is how this one account suddenly became No under Transaction Download ? when it used to be Yes. All the other accounts are Yes under Transaction Download ? How do I connect this account to the online account?

Thanks.

Kathleen Hunter

• Arctic Hare
    Answer ✓
    Options

Web Connect downloads are initiated from the financial institution's online banking website; conversely, Express Web Connect is initiated from within Quicken. The way to connect an account for download by Web Connect is simply to use the financial institutions download transactions to Quicken feature. Then, when you open that QFX file, Quicken should either import the transactions to an already connected account or it should prompt you to choose the account to which you want the transactions imported into; however, the default is to create a new account. If you want to connect the downloaded account to an existing Quicken account they you need to select that from the pick box.

• khunter
    khunter Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I tried it and it worked!! Thanks so much for your help.

Kathleen

This discussion has been closed.