How can I get a report to mirror the Spending Tab?

Options
Dan Prichard
Dan Prichard Member ✭✭
edited March 7 in Reports (Windows)

On the spending tab, it includes my mortgage payment as 'spending', but not my credit card payments. I would like to be able to create a report that does the same thing, but the mortgage payment is excluded or the CC payments are included. I do track my mortgage in Quicken, and so it looks like a "transfer", but the spending tab get it right…

Suggestions?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you referring to the doughnut-shaped graph on that tab, and the associated box of Category details?

If so, do you have "All accounts" selected as the feed to this graph?

When you say "it includes my mortgage payment" are you referring to the full payment - principal and interest - or just the principal (transfer) amount with the interest expense being shown as a separate column?

And, finally, is the mortgage Account a "downloading" Account, or is it a manual Account fed entirely by payments entered into the checking Account.

If your report uses all Accounts and the loan is a manual Account I wouldn't expect that you'd see the principal amount listed here because it's not really "spending" in the sense of a true "expense", it is a transfer between balance sheet Accounts. And credit card payments, which are transfers, aren't included here because all credit card charges that have been expensed using a Category are included in the report, so including payments would amount to some "double counting."

My guess (that's all it is) would be that the loan Account is a downloading loan because in that case the payment recorded in the checking Account as the principal amount IS expensed to a Category.

This discussion has been closed.