Quicken Canada Version R54.17 "Use Large Fonts" Feature

Options
dlohr
dlohr Member

When navigating to the Investing "Dashboard", the display goes completely blank after a second. The resolution for this is to navigate to the View menu and select the "Use Large Fonts" feature. If that box is subsequently unchecked, the Dashboard display returns to normal and everything functions properly.

That being said, the "Use Large Fonts" setting does not appear to get saved when the Quicken file is backed up, or when the Quicken program is exited. As such, each time the Quicken application is opened, or when a file is restored from backup, this issue returns.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dlohr,

When did this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? Is the Investing Dashboard the only place that this occurs?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rbebob
    rbebob Member
    Options

I have same problem.

Fortunately this bypass fixes the issue … until you open Quicken again.

My suspicion is the problem started after my recent update to R54.17 - past Tuesday! Before this update … I never had this problem.

• dlohr
    dlohr Member
    Options

This issue started immediately after upgrading to R54.17, there are no error messages associated with this, and the Investing Dashboard is the only place that this occurs.

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same thing for me

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited February 13
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.  

(CTP-9039) 

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kvanderh
    kvanderh Member
    edited February 10
    Options

I just updated to the latest version of Classic Quicken Business and Personal (Canadian)- R54.17 and when I go to the investing Dashboard you can see it for a split second and it disappears. Every refresh it will flash and disappear. It started once I updated to R54.17

Any suggestions?

• Incrementum
    Incrementum Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. If you reset the Classic Dashboard on the Home Tab and turn it off, exit the program, restart Quicken and turn it on again, the Investing Dashboard will work until you exit Quicken and restart. The same problem returns.

I reverted to the previous version of Quicken, which is much more stable.

• kvanderh
    kvanderh Member
    Options

Hello so it seems to work when following the suggestion to use large fonts. The problem now is, I don't want to use large fonts. It messes up the alignment of the display. With this get corrected properly? How do I goback to the previous version?

Thanks

• Incrementum
    Incrementum Member ✭✭
    Options

Go to https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has-1 You can ignore the membership expired part of this. Click on the link and then click on the dropdown box that appears. Scroll down the page to December 2023 and click on the link for Release R53.26 Open the file or save it to your downloads folder or to the desktop, double click the file and and install. Start Quicken and you should be back to the previous version. It is always a good idea to back up your latest data before you do this. I hope this works for you.

• Incrementum
    Incrementum Member ✭✭
    Options

You should note that clicking on the link above may take you directly to the page you need.

• dlohr
    dlohr Member
    Options

Check the "Use Large Fonts" feature, wait for the Investing Dashboard screen to appear, then go back and uncheck the "Use Large Fonts" feature - this will restore the normal font size and you don't have to continue using large fonts.

Problem is this workaround only lasts until you restart Quicken or restore from a backup file…

• Sam@Toronto
    Sam@Toronto Member ✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

Hi, my investing dashboard became just a blank page ever since I updated to R54.17 this week. Is this happening to anyone else?

[Merged Post]

• Chad24
    Chad24 Member
    edited February 17
    Options

I've had the same issue even after doing a full reinstall of Quicken

[Merged Post]

• Doug in Alberta
    Options

I have had the same issue. Turning the large font on and then off seems to restore the dashboard page. This only started after the last update.

• Sam@Toronto
    Sam@Toronto Member ✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

I've found a work around. On the dropdown menu "View", check "Use Large Fonts". It'll try to display in large fonts. But the Dashboard would still be blank. Then go back and uncheck "Use Large Fonts". Now the dashboard comes back! And in regular fonts.

The funny thing is that if you read the release notes of R54.17, it specifically says the fix for Use Large Fonts for Investing Dashboard is part of the release. Like anyone who works in IT would tell you, every time a software company tries to fix something they usually create more bugs.

[Merged Post]

• Creative90
    Creative90 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. Workaround works but this needs to be fixed. Very annoying.

This discussion has been closed.