Wrong BILL TO Info - Invoices

Options
DEEBOW
DEEBOW Member

V R52.33. An intermittent problem occurring over the last several
months. When creating an invoice I select a customer in the pull down
list, it populates the BILL TO box with incorrect information. It
appears to include information manually entered in the PROJ INFO box on
previously created invoices. Any suggestions?

I previously posted this discussion. UKR responded but I never received a notification. I have never used a SHIP TO field. It is unchecked in options in 'Design Invoice'. There is no 'PROJ INFO' option. Yet there it is every time I create a new invoice. When I use the CUSTOMER pull down list to create a new invoice, the BILL TO field is populated with the PROJ INFO information from the last invoice I created with the same customer.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As I stated in your original discussion there is no "PROJ INFO" field defined in a Quicken Customer Invoice.
    There are two possible customer address fields, "Bill To" and "Ship To", should you need to send your invoice to the customer's accounting department, but the shipment needs to go to a different address, the customer warehouse.

Both addresses are maintained in the Address Book area. The Bill To address is stored in a newly added Tab.

There's one Ship To address per customer address book record.

When entering a new customer invoice, both address areas are filled in from the Address Book.
    You can manage what appears in each Ship To field by clicking the pull-down arrow.

But you cannot disconnect this field from the Address Book and reuse if to maintain separate PROJ INFO for each invoice.
    This change was made to better support some customers' needs for Ship To addresses which are stored in the Address Book.

If you have a need for Project Information specific to each invoice, add one or more additional Line Items for $0.00 with text to explain the details. The printed invoice will contain the full text of the line item Description.

I recommend you go into the Invoice Forms Designer and change the PROJ INFO field back to SHIP TO.
    You can uncheck the field so it doesn't show at all.
    If you decide to make changes, save the layout to a new layout name and begin using the new layout for new invoices from now on.

P.S.: I would really like to see the Forms Designer view of your current invoice layout and/or a print preview of a sample invoice, with personal information redacted, so I can compare what you have with the defaults.

This discussion has been closed.