Missing Chase transactions

Options
wburdick5
wburdick5 Member ✭✭

I have investigated this problem further. Here's what I've found:

In Quicken Classic Deluxe Version R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16, the most current version for Windows 10, “One Step Update” is failing to download charge transactions from a Chase VISA credit card in the following scenario:

If there are two transactions from the same payee posted on the same date with different amounts, only one will be downloaded into Quicken.

However, the .QFX file downloaded from the Chase site shows both transactions with the exact same payee <NAME> (as it should), the exact same date posted <DTPOSTED> (as it should), with clearly different transaction amounts <TRNAMT> (as it should), and different transaction identifiers <FITID> (as it should),

USER WARNING: As expected, if you attempt to reconcile this account, all other things being equal, the reconciliation will differ by the amount of the transaction that did not download.

Please DO NOT attempt to correct this by using “Tools/Account List/Edit/Online Services/Reset Account”. When I’ve done this, here is what happens (no, I’m serious!):

The final register balance in Quicken’s register for the account WILL BE CHANGED to equal the chase online balance, even though the transaction will still be missing.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think you have hit this right on the head. I just had this happen in my Chase Visa card. I had two Burger King transactions for the exact amount, one on 2/1/2024 and another on 2/8/2014 and the second one didn't download.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    Options

For Express Web Connect you need to look in the Cloud Sync Log (Help → Contact Support → Log Files → Cloud Sync Log).

Looking in there I see there is an id field for each transaction that matches what Quicken is using for the Downloaded ID.

This log seems to be cycled pretty fast, so it is hard to track older updates, there is an old copy which in my case has what I'm looking for history wise, but I'm not sure I have caught it quick enough since the first transaction that was there, was back at 2/1/2024.

EDIT: I have confirmed, my SyncLog.txt (even the old one) starts on 2/6/2024 and as such misses the information on the 2/1/2024 transaction.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note this is being reported in both Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac and on multiple financial institutions.

Given all that, I would suspect there is a problem in the Quicken Cloud Service/Quicken Cloud dataset.

Note, that I just checked that the Chase Web Connect/QFX file has completely different unique Ids in it, so if you were to import it into the same account as the Express Web Connect + one you will get duplicates for every transaction in it.

Signature:
  • wburdick5
    wburdick5 Member ✭✭
    Options

I wasn't planning to, but thanks for the heads-up. I'm just manually entering the missing transactions as they occur.

• tompfr
    tompfr Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm seeing what looks like the same problem, or certainly very similar. It's with a Chase credit card account, and I'm using Quicken Premier Ver R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16 on Windows 11. It started happening VERY recently, all within my current Chase billing cycle. I had NEVER seen it before that.

This account typically gets fairly frequent repeat transaction amounts from several different vendors (takeout lunch orders). During this billing cycle, I have seen a total of 6 missing transactions from 4 different vendors. In each case the missing transaction was a repeat transaction amount from the same vendor in the recent past.

What I have also done is to create a new Quicken file with just the Chase account. All of the missing transactions DID show up in Quicken after the initial Chase download.

In my main Quicken file, I have not manually corrected any of the missing transactions as of yet. I plan to contact Quicken support at some point if this doesn't resolve itself.

• RDMQ
    RDMQ Member ✭✭
    Options

I just did what you did and my missing transactions showed up in a new file I created.

My missing transactions aren't only repeat amounts from what I can tell. Seems to be one offs as well.

Thanks for the idea of checking a new file. Hoping this is resolved soon. Also only happening with my Chase checking. Not with savings or credit cards. Happening with my credit union checking as well.

• Fred Fauth
    Fred Fauth Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for confirming I'm not going crazy. This is happening across multiple financial accounts for me. And note: I do not use any quicken cloud syncing at all.

• wburdick5
    wburdick5 Member ✭✭
    Options

Unless we both are, Fred!

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've got the same issue with my Chase Visa account. Not necessarily multiple transactions from the same vendor, though, There are multiple threads here about this issue and not just with Chase. I wish they could be combined. I've reported the problem. It would be nice if Quicken would post that they are aware of the issue. For now I check my Chase account against the online page and manually enter the missing transactions.

• wburdick5
    wburdick5 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is what I'm doing with missing transactions, also. And, I've also now experienced missing transactions that are not from the same vendor.

I do believe Quicken is aware of this problem. I saw a post from them back in October/November 2023 indicating such. They said it was being escalated. Maybe the escalator doesn't go all the way to the penthouse!

• markhitt
    markhitt Member
    Options

My Chase transactions from 3 credit cards are entering my checking account as payments. This is new with Windows 11 and a new computer using my old and validated file. Any help?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Almost every time someone says that their charges are shown as payments its because the balance of their credit card is positive instead of negative like it would normally be.

Signature:
  • tompfr
    tompfr Member ✭✭
    Options

No problem. FWIW, I've found subsequently that creating a new Quicken file is only a temporary cure (as I sort of expected). On subsequent OSUs, the new file starts missing the same transactions as my main Quicken file does from then on. At least this proves that the problem isn't in my main Quicken file.

• wburdick5
    wburdick5 Member ✭✭
    Options

More of same on a checking account at a different institution 2/14.

• RDMQ
    RDMQ Member ✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.