HealthEquity Investment Acct

Options
gingerh
gingerh Member
edited March 10 in Investing (Windows)

My HealthEquity Investment Acct does not sync so I added it manually. Transactions from my payroll check do however download automatically into Quicken as my HSA auto invests each payroll period. These transactions are always uncategorized on my banking summary report. My HSA Invesment account balance is 100% correct when I add the ticker symbol and number of shares however if I tag the uncategorized transactions to the HSA investment account, the balance is off. Looking for recommendations on how I correct this. Assume I need some type of adjustment or clearing account? Thanks

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry I am confused by your terminology.

How are you recording your paycheck in Quicken? Are you using the Paycheck Wizard to record your gross pay and deductions including the HSA contribution, or are you using some other method?

With the Paycheck Wizard, the HSA contribution should be in the "Other pretax deduction" section and you should see your net pay deposited in your checking account and a transfer to the HSA account.

In the HSA account, you should see the cash contribution and you should enter Buy (not Added) transactions for the securities, using up the cash.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.