Why is Chase Visa balance wrong??

Options
Money12345
Money12345 Member ✭✭

I just opened Quicken to work and it is showing my Chase Visa balance almost double what it actually is. How do I fix this?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You can always just enter an adjustment transaction to force the balance to be correct… but that's probably not the right way to get started. I would look at your transaction register and try to discover what's wrong. Are you just starting to use Quicken, or have you been using it and this just suddenly happened? Scroll to the beginning of your register and see if there is an opening balance transaction which Quicken created or modified. If you go back to a prior month when your balance was correct, is it still correct now? That is, if you previously had the correct balance as of December 31, has that balance changed now to be wrong? That would point you to whether the problem is in the far past or the recent past.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Lou lou
    Lou lou Member
    Options

Also may want to see the Troubleshooting section for known issues with Chase and other banks missing transactions since the latest Quicken update: Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100)

• Money12345
    Money12345 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks all. It just happened. Everything had been fine until recently. Maybe it was the recent update.

• Money12345
    Money12345 Member ✭✭
    Options

It seems to show now it's wrong back through 2022. I am unsure how to fix this

This discussion has been closed.