Unable to search and filter the "Downloaded Payee" field

Options

Hello,

I am trying to search and filter using the contents of the "Downloaded Payee" column/field for my American Express Card account and it does not work. This works fine for the rest of the column/field such as the "Payee", "Memo" and "Category".

Would appreciate help to enable the search/filter for this "Downloaded Payee" as this field had a boat load of information such as the city or for Paypal the payer's information etc.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where are you doing this search?

In a Register I can sort on Downloaded Payee and I can enter information in the Search box and Downloaded Payee is included in the search results.

• Mathew
    Mathew Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your help, Tom.

I want to filter using a word (or sub string) of the "Downloaded payee" column in the above Search box. The search/filter works fine if I use word (or sub string) of the Payee or the Memo or the Category column but not for the one of the "Downloaded payee" column.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This seems to work OK in my checking Account

but I haven't tried that in other Accounts in my file. How about just sorting the Downloaded payee field, would that work for you?

• Mathew
    Mathew Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your help and checking in your setup.

You are right, look like the search works fine to filter words in all fields (for e.g. Payee, Memo, Category..) except for the "Downloaded Payee".

»How about just sorting the Downloaded payee field, would that work for you?

😊Thanks for this suggestion. One problem is that I have thousands (and thousands) of entries of the last 15+ years and I will need to scroll a lot to find the one in the sorted list.

This discussion has been closed.