Market Value Shown In Quicken Doesn't Agree With Mutual Fund Statement

Options
Sken52
Sken52 Member ✭✭
edited March 14 in Investing (Windows)

RE: IRA Mutual Fund Account. The share balance in Quicken is within a few shares of what's on my statement. When I multiply the share balance by the share price on my last dividend reinvestment transaction it comes out very close to the market value shown on my statement. But the market value shown by Quicken is about $4500.00 higher. I don't understand where Quicken is getting this market value when the shares in Quicken multiplied by the share price is correct to my statement.

I'm less concerned about how this happened than figuring how I can adjust the account to reflect the correct market value, without adjusting the share balance in Quicken which is correct. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where in Quicken are you seeing the incorrect market value?

If you go to the account and click on Holdings and set the As of date to the statement ending date, do the share counts, price per share, and total amounts amounts agree with your statement?

If not, what is different?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Sken52
    Sken52 Member ✭✭
    Options

The shares and price are correct, but the market value is still off. But your suggestion helped me figure out why. There's an old IRA account that got rolled into the one I'm having trouble with, but is still in the holdings, the value of which is the amount my market value is off. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of it. I assume I can just enter a transaction that will zero it out, then I should be able to delete it. I hope! Thanks for your help.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Aha.

If you look carefully at the transactions when the rollover took place, you will probably see Added transactions that moved the shares from the old account. But if you did the rollover by moving the transactions and thus the holdings from the old account, or used a Shared transferred between accounts to move the holdings, you may have missing Removed transactions or double Added transactions.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Sken52
    Sken52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks much for your help!

This discussion has been closed.