quicken for Mac doesn't have the retirement planning?

Options

Retirement planning is one of the main reasons I chose to invest in quicken. I did not see anywhere, nor did I think there would be huge differences between the windows and Mac versions. Small minor differences, yes, but big feature differences, NO.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 13
    Options

There have always been, and continue to be, significant feature differences between the Windows and Mac versions of Quicken. Quicken Windows has been continuously developed for more than 30 years, while the original Quicken Mac was scrapped in the late 2000's due to the evolution of macOS, and the current Quicken Mac is a completely reimagined and coded from scratch over the past 10+ years. Over time, the Mac development team has been slowly chipping away at that gap, but there's a lot of work remaining. The small size of the development team equates to slow progress — but if you compare Quicken Mac today to Quicken Mac 5 or 10 years ago, the improvements have been substantial.

Adding a Lifetime Planner to Quicken Mac has been one of the most-requested features for many years. The good news is that three months ago, the Mac development team changed the status of this feature request from "Under Consideration" to "Planned". While we don't know, and they never disclose, exactly when this functionality will be released, it does mean that the developers have agreed to build it, haver assessed the amount of time/work it will take to build, and have scheduled time for this on their development calendar. I would guess we might see this arrive sometime in the second half of this year, but that's just a guess.

(In the meantime, a lot of the "what if" retirement planning you might do in the Quicken Lifetime Planner can be accomplished by doing some quick web searching for free website planning tools.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.