Report Column Menu not showing in Spending by Payee Report

Options
raustin316
raustin316 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 17 in Reports (Windows)

I cannot customize the columns on my report because the option to select the columns has disappeared from the Display tab. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is because the Spending by Payee report shows spending over time and only has one column for each interval.

You are probably looking for the Itemized Payees report.

QWin Premier subscription
  • raustin316
    raustin316 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jim

This is a report that I have saved from years back and it has always had the options to select the columns displayed on the report.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On that report, you can select a time interval using the Columns dropdown.

If you want to see other selectable columns, you would use a transaction-level report such as Spending > Itemized Categories or Banking > Transactions, or one of the Cash Flow reports.

QWin Premier subscription
  • raustin316
    raustin316 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jim

It looks like I picked one of the transactions in the report and modified that to display the column selection - then saved the report to display not just the payee for the transaction but selected payees from the list. I figured it out by going back to an earlier version of the file where the report worked and examined what was going on. How the problem came about was that I was doing some housecleaning and deleted old transaction views in the history of the Spending by Payee report. Thanks for helping me to solve the problem!

This discussion has been closed.