Option to enter due date when reconciling

Options
bwh541
bwh541 Member ✭✭
edited February 16 in Product Enhancements

When I reconcile a credit card account, I always choose Hand Written Check at the finish, because all my cards are set up for autopay from my checking account. Once I hit enter, I then have to modify the register entry to reflect the date on which the payment will actually be made — which is the credit card's due date. It would be nice to have the option, in that popup where I choose handwritten check, to enter a payment date (via a calendar pulldown). Not a big deal, obviously, but it would save me a couple of steps.

3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, this something I requested years ago, but it never got implemented. Maybe this time will be different if enough people vote for it. I voted for it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Until your request gets implemented, if ever, may I recommend this workaround:

Instead of going the Hand Written Check route and because you already have Autopay set up at the credit card website,

• create a Scheduled Reminder for this payment, for the full credit card balance, due monthly on Due Date, "Remind me 21 days before".
    • Enter this scheduled reminder after reconciliation but before the Due Date.
      Even if you were to skip reconciliation this month, for whatever reason, you can still enter the reminder once you receive the new monthly statement notification (and reconcile later, as time permits)