Editing charts on home page - Mac version

Options
DinoBmb
DinoBmb Member ✭✭
edited March 17 in Reports (Mac)

Is there a way to edit which accounts are used in charts on the home page? When I look at spending by category it double counts amounts by including the credit card payments. Thanks

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

First, to answer your question: no, there is no way to control which accounts are included in Dashboard charts and graphs. But the developers have said that this will be coming sometime in the future.

That said, you shouldn't be seeing your credit card expenses double counted. I don't know how you are recording your credit cards in Quicken. The ideal way to do it is to have a separate account in Quicken for each of your credit cards. In these accounts, you record the individual charges — and these are the expenses you'll see reflected in the Dashboard chart. When you pay a credit card bill, it should be done as a transfer from your checking account to the credit card account. Transfers are not expenses, and will not be included in the expenses in the Dashboard chart.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DinoBmb
    DinoBmb Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks so much for your quick reply, I had not thought of that. The dashboard is my favorite screen and this is very helpful

This discussion has been closed.