Remove Shares is NOT working correctly

Options
JoelAlbert
JoelAlbert Member ✭✭

Situation:

I have an Account-A, at Schwab and Quicken automatically downloads Transactions and manages the Portfolio Balance for.

I Transferred all assets from to a new Account-B (at Schwab) and connected this account to Quicken as well.

When I look at Account-B everything is fine, the balances match and I see transaction Entries to Add Shares for my portfolio.

When I look at Account-A, the balance is INCORRECT and it shows all the shares still being held in this account. I went directly to Schwab and confirmed that it shows NO SHARES being held in this account.

I tried to resolve this issue by using a REMOVE SHARES transaction. It entered ok, no errors and shows a Negative Investment Amount in the Transaction Register.

BUT, the account Balance does NOT Change! When I look at the Portfolio, all the Shares are still in the Portfolio, which of course is the reason the Balance is incorrect.

Mac: Ventura 13.6.4

Quicken Classic: Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100)

This is the first time I have tried to use the Remove Shares transaction. No error message received.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

When you say you transferred the assets from Account A to Account B, how did you do that? Did you drag them in the sidebar? Or did you create a new transaction and select Type=Transfer Shares? The latter would have automatically created Remove Shares transactions in Account A.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.