Separate Crypto tracking tab

Options
rclemmer
rclemmer Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited February 17 in Investments

To deal with the constraints of crypto tracking in Quicken wouldn't it be easier to implement a completely new system for crypto tracking separate from the investment tracker? I think it would be advantageous for Quicken to get ahead in the crypto space by including a better system for tracking crypto. If crypto does take over the financial spaces currently operated by legacy financial systems Quicken Classic would require a more in-depth crypto tracking system. I'm not saying Quicken would require access to the blockchain to auto pull transactions, but I think we should have a new system wrote to accommodate crypto manually.

Ex. >8 decimal precision

Support for more than $99,999,999 or 99,999,999 shares

Support for staking rewards/transactions

Support for transactions in general (Option to select crypto send/receive when entering transactions)

Crypto transfers

I think if a new system just for crypto was created it would be less work on the developers to implement instead of adding this to the current investment system. Create a new UI just for crypto to support the design implications of larger number formats.

Charge us more for a special version of Quicken to use this feature. I would pay it and I am sure a lot of people would not mind a 25-30% increase over the cost of Home/Business to use this feature. Coin Tracker starts at $59 a year. I think this would be a great money maker for Quicken. In general though Quicken needs to be modernized. Maybe this could be implemented in investments itself if Quicken would realize the profit potential of supporting the crypto community.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options

Deleted, it wasn't any useful information.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • aaxx
    aaxx Member
    Options

Please Quicken team - make it easy to add crypto. It is becoming very normal to hold BTC and many Alt Coins. We need a good way of tracking trades.