Category issue when I update to a new "Category"

Options

Hello. I am updating categories in Quicken for 2023 and every time I try to change the category to "rents received' this message come up. For now I am saying no, but why does this happen? It has happened to me a few times with other account categories.

For additional information- the "ACCOUNT", or bank listed in this situation, reflects the bank account the ZELLE TRANSFER occurred to. For instance Bank 1 is the account; Payee is Zelle Payment from MR X, and the category is [Bank 1] with the brackets.

Can anyone let me know why this happens?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you show us the actual transaction that's causing this? And what's the name of the account in which this is happening?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• lgpgdet
    lgpgdet Member
    Options

It is a business banking account (see third screenclip). The first two screen clips are All Transactions entry ledger.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

From what you've shown, you're recording the transaction back into the same account … so the message is accurate.

You're not showing that it's being changed to "rents received". The Payee shows "rent", but the category doesn't.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• lgpgdet
    lgpgdet Member
    Options

When I go to change the category to Rents Received, that is when it says I am recording back into the same account when I try to save. Is that normal for that to come up? I currently haven't changed it, because it seemed weird that I was receiving that message.

Thank you for helping me out.

This discussion has been closed.