Unable to Update United Community bank (UCBI) Accounts in Quicken.

Options

I keep getting an error message: Quicken is unable to connect to UCBI - United Community, Unknown error. I have been getting this error since last Saturday when UCBI updated their software. Not sure how to fix the issue.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried Reset Account (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab)? It is not unusual when a financial institution does software/system updates that the connection for the account in Quicken needs to be reset. (

Before trying to do this:

1. Enter and save the dollar amount of the Opening Balance transaction (the very first transaction in the account register) into the Memo field. Sometimes when changing/updating the connection method the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount gets changed. Having that dollar amount entered in the Memo field can be incredibly helpful in knowing if/when that has occurred and how to fix it.
    2. Back up your data file.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• ga1996
    ga1996 Member
    Options

Thanks. I tried that earlier and that did not work. I also deactivated the account and then tried to set up the account again and got the error message.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have not already done so, you might want to read this Support Article: Error When Using Online Services: CC-501, CC-898, or "It's not your fault" [Support Article]. Since it's been happening for more than a couple of days it might be appropriate to do what this Support Article says: Contact Quicken Support (there is a link in this Support Article showing you how to do that).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.