Quicken showing wrong ending balance

Options

Hi,

New to Quicken. I transferred money from my account at one bank to my account at another bank. The balance in the sending account shown on Quicken is incorrect as it deducted that transaction from a balance that was not correct to begin with. What is shown as online balance is the correct balance. Why is this error occurring? How do i fix it? Thanks!

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not only do you have to reconcile your card accounts and, for example, move Chase transactions recorded in the Alaska card register to the correct account register. You also need to verify that your Chase card is correctly linked to the Chase card account at the bank. And Alaska is correctly linked to the Alaska card account at the bank. And so on.
    If they are cross-connected, you need to deactivate the accounts, then reactivate them, making sure to really correctly link each card account to its matching counterpart at the bank.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When was the last time that you reconciled the sending account?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• AKVLLC
    AKVLLC Member
    Options

Thanks. I had never done that. Reconciling fixed this issue.

All my credit card transactions are mixed up between different cards. For instance, transactions on my chase card are listed on Alaska card, Alaska card transactions on Southwest card etc. Looks like I have to reconcile all accounts individually..Sigh….

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not only do you have to reconcile your card accounts and, for example, move Chase transactions recorded in the Alaska card register to the correct account register. You also need to verify that your Chase card is correctly linked to the Chase card account at the bank. And Alaska is correctly linked to the Alaska card account at the bank. And so on.
    If they are cross-connected, you need to deactivate the accounts, then reactivate them, making sure to really correctly link each card account to its matching counterpart at the bank.

• AKVLLC
    AKVLLC Member
    Options

thanks a lot!

This discussion has been closed.