Matching Transactions: How to remove transactions that have already downloaded and posted?

Options
DDub
DDub Member ✭✭

I need to know how to remove transactions that have already downloaded and posted to the register so that they no longer appear as options when I am matching downloaded transactions to the register after a One Step Update.

BACKGROUND - I downloaded transactions to Quicken using the One Step Update Process. I am in the process of accepting transactions into the register. I need to manually match some transactions. When doing this, a window pops up titled "Manually Match Transactions" which includes a listing of all of the transactions that have not yet been downloaded and posted to the register. There are two issues with this listing of un-downloaded transactions.

ISSUE #1 - Downloaded Transactions in the Listing: I reviewed several of these transactions in the register and have found that they HAVE been downloaded already — yet they still appear in the listing. These transactions are (1) checked for Downloaded Transaction and (2) Posting Date has been added. Yet, the transaction is still appearing in the list as if it has not been downloaded.

ISSUE #2 - Voided Transactions in the Listing: In another case, a voided transaction is showing up in the listing of un-downloaded transactions although a voided transaction would never be downloaded nor matched to a downloaded transaction. I tried to remedy this by editing the transaction in the register so that "Downloaded Transaction" is checked and a posting date is provided. However, this failed to clear the transaction from the listing. In the past, this has been sufficient to remove the transaction from the listing of un-downloaded transactions. It is not working. After editing the transaction, I closed and relaunched Quicken to see if the listing might be updated, but it was not.

HOW TO

The process I used to review these un-downloaded transaction is this:

1. View the listing of un-downloaded transactions in the "Manually Match Transactions" window
  2. Find the transaction in the register.
  3. Right-Click the transaction then hold CTRL while clicking "Copy Transaction." A dialogue box is displayed.
  4. Review data:
    (1) Is "Downloaded Transaction" checked?
    (2) Is a date added to the "Posting Date" field

What do I need to do to remove these items from the listing?

Quicken Classic Deluxe
Version R54.16
Build 27.1.54.16

Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
OS Build 19045.3930

Answers

• KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    Options

I wanted to post this similar question. The way you phrased it is more in line to what I originally wanted to ask. Since I worded my question differently so I got a different answer. The answer I received answered the second part of this similar question. I posted "How do I get Quicken to recognize a scheduled transaction and a downloaded transaction to be as one". Even though these are 2 totally different questions may be this is also in your head too?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@KAP478 This is a Windows thread and not the same as your problem. You should be posting in a Quicken Mac category. But the quick answer to your question is to drag and drop one of the transactions on to the other.

@DDub In a nutshell I think this whole process has bugs in it and needs to be fixed, but most of all they need to actually support a good process of pruning off the transitions to manually match to downloaded transactions.

For your issues #1 and #2 I would use Help → Report a Problem

As for removing transactions all of the list the "hidden shortcut" (terrible way of doing it) hasn't been working for years now.

There is this suggestion that the process for that should be fixed:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    edited February 19
    Options

I wouldn't have noticed it was a Windows thread. Certain issues can be universal. I saw a question posted similar to my own issues. I was trying to see if there was a solution to both users problems. Even though your statement was restated to my original question in the correct thread area, I saw that the user posted something that was in line with the way of what I originally wanted to ask minus the issues the user needed help with. Thanks for pointing the way anyway

This discussion has been closed.