Elan Financial services does not update, no error messages/codes

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Elan Financial Services Error code CC-502

Comments

• beckprop
    beckprop Member
    Options

I attempt One Step Update. All accounts claim to be updated and most accounts show the new transactions. However, Elan Financial services does not update. There is no error and the message is that it updated, but 0 new transactions. I checked my account directly and there are at least a couple dozen transactions over the past month. The last time I performed a One Step Update a month ago all was good.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @beckprop,

When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? What occurs when attempting to download transactions? Does this occur with both a One Step Update and with individual account updates? Do all of your Elan accounts use the same login information?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• beckprop
    beckprop Member
    Options

First noticed yesterday which was the first time in a month I tried an update. There was at least one Quicken update since it last worked on Jan 17; I'm at build 27.1.54.16. Update proceeds normally, "One Step Update Complete, Financial Institutions Updated, Elan Financial Services, 1 account updated, 0 new transactions". This occurs with both One Step and individual account updates. I only have the one account with Elan.

• beckprop
    beckprop Member
    Options

I attempted the Update to Elan Financial Services today. It only downloaded 2 transaction that were posted after I last attempted the Update yesterday. The many transactions from Jan 17 to Feb 20 were not downloaded. I can only assume, that when I attempted the Update yesterday and Quicken said it was complete (but failed to actually download transactions) it set a date of 2/20 as an "updated to". So after Quicken fixed its issue (today?) it only downloaded transaction since the 2/20 date. Another fine example of Quicken's glitchy-ness, poor execution, and lack of support/communication.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @beckprop,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue continues to persist.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MikeC331
    MikeC331 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue. I can not update my Fidelity Visa account. There are no errors messages. The issue started this week. My Quicken is up to date. Ironically, the issue started right after I renewed my membership..

• es114
    es114 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same for me. Elan won't update even though the download displays a green light "completed". Not getting uopdates since 3/6/2024.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.