Syncing issues with Quicken 2013 - One Drive

Options
Jiants86
Jiants86 Unconfirmed, Member

I currently have two separate Lenovo laptops running Windows 10. Both have Quicken 2013 loaded. I have one account which is used by both laptops. Obviously, only one person can log on at a time. Both laptops cannot log onto the same account simultaneously. My issue seems to be when one laptop enters checks into Quicken, OneDrive doesn't seem to sync the data so the other laptop doesn't see this data until I try a couple of things. Each laptop is in a different building. Sometimes I pause and start up One Drive, sometimes I re-boot my laptop. It's hit or miss. Problems happens more frequently then not. Anyone have any suggestions.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The obvious question is do you close the data file? It certainly shouldn't sync until after that.

But yes, the suggestion would be not to keep your data file in OneDrive. It has always been the recommendation not to have the data file that you open in a "cloud folder". And recently Microsoft changed something, and it has made this even worse. There is a big thread on people trying to do this with Quicken Subscription and just getting problems just opening their data file. Quicken Inc did some things to try to workaround the problem (which worked for some people not others) but Quicken 2013 is certainly not going to get these changes.

The process should always be that your data file is in a local disk that isn't in any cloud folder, and you should copy the data file in and out of the cloud folder to sync it to the other machine. And they should do the same on the other side.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I suggest that you need to look into finding a site that can direct you on OneDrive syncing problems.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.