Started having issues connecting to Huntington Bank, saying I'm not enrolled in PC Banking

Options

Huntington was working fine for me for years. Suddenly, accounts stopped downloading last week. When I went to re-add them, I keep getting an error with "an additional message from Huntington National Bank" that "User not enrolled in PC Banking. Please contact the financial institution". I don't see anything on their site about how to enroll and their chatbot tells me that I should contact Quicken. Appreciate any suggestions.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 20 Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for providing the screenshot.

This error is likely caused by Direct Connect which some financial insitutions require that they give authorization first before it will allow users to connect via that connection method.

I suggest you try connecting via Express Web Connect instead and see if it will allow you to connect using that connection method instead. To do so, navigate to Tools > Add Account. Then, search Hunting National Bank in the list and select it. However, instead of clicking "Next", click on Advanced Options instead (see below).

Then, click Continue on the following screen, and on the next screen you will see 3 choices; Express Web Connect, Direct Connect, and Web Connect. Click Express Web Connect and then click Next. You will then be taken to a login screen. Enter your online banking credentials for your financial institution (the same credentials you use to log in at their website) and follow the prompts to connect.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @Alex110,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you are receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Alex110
    Alex110 Member ✭✭
    Options

A snapshot of the error is above.

• Quicken Anja
    edited February 20 Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for providing the screenshot.

This error is likely caused by Direct Connect which some financial insitutions require that they give authorization first before it will allow users to connect via that connection method.

I suggest you try connecting via Express Web Connect instead and see if it will allow you to connect using that connection method instead. To do so, navigate to Tools > Add Account. Then, search Hunting National Bank in the list and select it. However, instead of clicking "Next", click on Advanced Options instead (see below).

Then, click Continue on the following screen, and on the next screen you will see 3 choices; Express Web Connect, Direct Connect, and Web Connect. Click Express Web Connect and then click Next. You will then be taken to a login screen. Enter your online banking credentials for your financial institution (the same credentials you use to log in at their website) and follow the prompts to connect.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Alex110
    Alex110 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you; that worked!

• Quicken Anja
    Options

You’re welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. 🙂

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.