Misaligned or cut off data on screen

Options

I was previously running Quicken 2011 with no issues until it quit functioning normally.

I decided to upgrade to the current version and have figured out most things that are different in the interface.

The issues I have now is with some screens the data is cut off or miss aligned.

I am running on Windows 10.

I am using a 4:3 monitor at 1024x768 resolution. I need this resolution because of my eyesight.

I suspect the large graphics on these screens are what causes this. It seems this new version is not designed to be compact as is the case with version 2011. 2011 gave me no such issues.

The attached file has screenshots of the issues I am facing.

The highlighted areas are the issue.

Does anyone have suggestions how I might remedy this problem?

Comments

• coke
    coke Member
    Options

Reposted screenshots

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1024 x 768 screen resolution should work if you have NOT enabled View / Use Large Fonts … in that case you need 1280 x 1024 or higher.

Try the highest resolution that you can work with and try Windows Display settings "to make text larger on screen", in combination with or without using View / Use Large Fonts.

Have you tried to use the Windows Magnifier (press Windows logo key and "=" to start it)?

In Quicken, you can temporarily turn off the Account Sidebar and the Toolbar, to make more room on screen for the register and other views. Press the "F11" function key to toggle this setting on or off.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Personally I' not a big fan of the "large graphics", but that here is this is example of what people have to understand when they ask for a "modern interface" they are going to get controls that tend to match whatever the current Microsoft fad is today. GUI's were definitely more compact in the past. As time goes on there is an assumption that screens are higher resolution/bigger. And when you have a program like Quicken where they are mixing old and new it isn't a good combination. Unfortunately, there isn't going to be "quick fix" to this kind of problem.

I might add that the specification for 1024x768 is "no Windows scaling" and 1280x1024 are for "only Use Large Fonts" scaling.

The specification is assuming that the Windows scaling is set to 100% (which is no scaling). "Use Large Fonts" is just another form of window scaling, that is done in Quicken instead of for the whole machine. There are also "accessibility" settings that can change the scaling.

To add to @UKR 's suggestions I would add you might consider getting a bigger monitor. Personally, I use two 28" monitors.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.