No indication that a backup successfully completed?

Options

I have been using Quicken since…~1996. I am currently running version R54.16, Build 27.1.54.16, under windows 10 (fully updated). When I do a backup, I get no confirmation that the backup was successful. The window with my checking account ledger flickers a bit, but that's it. I used to be a window would pop up saying backup successful (or something similar), but it hasn't been doing this for the last 5-6 months.

The backups are in fact created, and I assume successfully. I am backing up to a shared network drive. I have tried validating & repairing the data base before I back it up, but that did not help.

I've tried backing up to the local disk - again no backup success indication.

My backup data file is ~ 130GB. I have not done a year end closeout in at least 10+ years.
My quicken data base file is on my local machine and I back up to a shared network drive.

Anybody else seeing this? Is not getting a successful backup window now standard behavior? If not, any suggestion on how to 'fix' it?
Thanks

J

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When do a Manual backup - there is a confirmation window that pops up to indicate Backup Completed -
    BUT - there is also a [x] checkbox to click if you don't want to see that message any more …. maybe clicked it -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have disabled the confirmation by mistake, you can go to Edit > Preferences > Alerts & Messages and click on Reset Quicken warnings. This will re-enable all the messages you have said you don't want to see again.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

130GB!? That is on the large size for a file. Do you add a lot of attachments?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hopefully @three_jeeps means 130 MB!

My file is 189MB and I have no attachments.

I get a prompt while the manual backup is running that goes away when it is done. It takes about 10 sec. to back up to a USB 3.0 thumb drive.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

in Quicken …. — Help —> (Shift)+About Quicken -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• three_jeeps
    three_jeeps Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I fat-fingered the size, it is MB. I do attach a lot of PDFs to quicken.

Thank you all for the suggestion. I did a reset of quicken warnings and that fixed the backup notification. I don't understand how the 'do no show backup notification' got checked in the first place…I never would do that.

It is also strange that there is not a separate checkbox about backup notification in the Preferences…and that one has to do a Reset All to fix this particular notification. (or is it buried somewhere that I don't see it?)

This discussion has been closed.