Discover Card CC-800

Shannon M M
Shannon M M Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

When running OSU the Discover Card account has been generating a CC-800 error since around the last update.

I've followed the "Fix It" instructions, which found the account, but only offered the "Don't add to Quicken" option. So, I manually deactivated the account and tried to add it again. I thought I was successful when it offered the option to link to the existing account. But on the next OSU it produced the same CC-800 error again.

I dread updates. Something always goes wrong.

Windows 11, Quicken Ver R54.16 Build 27.1.54.16

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta

@Shannon M M - I was told to never use that "Fix it" button because it doesn't work. This was from a knowledgeable source.

Here is my fool proof "permanent fix" for CC-800 errors. It may seem like a lot of work but it's better than playing "Whack-A-Mole" when fixing these CC-800 as they pop up. It seems like you fix one account and the error pops up in another account.

When you get a CC-800 error, deactivate and reactivate ALL of your accounts with EWC or EWC+ connections. What I do is go to my Account List and then one by one deactivate all my EWC and EWC+ accounts. And then activate all of them again. When you do this do not clear out any fields in Account Details. Leave everything as is.

After this is done, do another OSU. If you get any CC-800 errors again, don't panic. For all the other accounts without error, check all of the update dates and times. They should be current. If not, you will need to deactivate and reactivate those accounts that don't have a current update date and time, along with the ones with the CC-800 errors. After this is done, then do another OSU. Eventually you should get a "clean" OSU without errors and the correct update date and time.

The key is that when you get a CC-800 error on any account, you need to deactivate and reactivate ALL EWC and EWC+ accounts.

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I always found the solution given by QuickenKristina in this thread to work with Discover

. I never had to deactivate all EWC accounts for it to work, just Discover

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

I got this error the first time today. For me, the fix was to use the Reset Account button for the institutions on which the error occurred.

This discussion has been closed.