Entering New information in a more comfortable position

Options
Sue
Sue Member ✭✭✭

I just added a totally new Quicken account. I had to enter and entire year of information.

It would sure be nice if you could scroll the page as your entering information. Every item is added when the page is full at the very bottom of the page, then every entry must be typed at the very bottom of the page! It would greatly help if you could scroll the information up so you can at least enter the information at the middle of the screen for a more comfortable position.

Just saying, thanks

Tagged:
1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

My suggestion is to reverse your approach, and sort your registers from newest to oldest. That way, your newest transactions are always on top, and you can keep entering new transactions without the need to scroll.

If you are used to new transactions on the bottom — as I was when I used the legacy Quicken 2007 and its predecessors for many years — it was a little jarring to switch to new transactions on the top. But once I used it that way for a little while, I found it much more comfortable.

Making such a switch, by the way, is as simple as clicking on the Date header to reverse the sort order. Just give yourself some time (weeks, not minutes) to get used to it. 😀

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Sue
    Sue Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Jacobs, I will give it a try and see how it goes. Hadn't thought of that!