Add a Custom Investment Strategy Field to Security Details

BigBlueSky57
BigBlueSky57 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited March 24 in Investing (Windows)

Allow users to define their Investment Strategy tags & associated description and then assign that to a security. User's data entry window would be similar to Asset class window. (Example: DGI / Dividend Growth Investment, TDTT / Top Down Trend Investing, OpInv / Options Inventory, BCP / Bear Call Put, …)

Then, enhance existing reports to either screen for, or organize (subtotal) by Investment Strategy.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't the existing, customizable, Investing Goal field exactly what you want?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried setting Investing Goals for securities?

You can define these and subtotal the Investing > Portfolio Value, Investment Performance, and other reports and also the Investing Portfolio views by Investing Goal.

QWin Premier subscription
  • BigBlueSky57
    BigBlueSky57 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

My configuration: Windows 11, Quicken Classic Business & Personal R54.16

I did find in the Investment reports where I can customize the report using "Investment Goal" selections. The current set is typical 30,000 foot level descriptors, not the investment strategy focus I wish to apply. All of my holdings were "No Goal" assignments.

Problem: I had difficulty where in Quicken I could 1) assign a Goal to a security and 2) add custom Goal names to the list of Goals.

Solution: Edit the "Security Details" information (Goals are behind the "Other Info" button. Not very obvious. Lots of button pushing before you get there.)

Navigation: Investing | Security List | Select Security to edit | Edit Details | Other Info | Edit Goals

This worked as I was hoping for. Why Quicken would hide goals so deep in the Security is disappointing. Took me hours to find it. "Help" was not very helpful. But the community said there was a way. They just didn't light the path sufficiently.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

II agree, the setup is not ready to find.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.