Blank intuit sign-in screen

Options
RegA
RegA Member ✭✭

The Login/Password to the Intuit Login screen was not showing up after opening data file it only shows a blank screen. Answer below at least for my problem

Spent 5 hours on the phone on 2/16 trying to get tis to work. Asked for Tier 2 support and I was transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor was Pablo. At about the 4 hour mark I lost connection. I figured I would have to start all over again. Pablo called me back! I was very surprised and happy, but we still could not get past the blank screen.

I worked for a lot of computer software companies (Oracle, MicroStrategy, Informatica and Terada and more) so I felt I had the skills to solve this. I couldn't figure it out on my own. I needed help

I've been using Quicken for over 30 years.

I had spent a lot of time trying to get the Windows 10 updates to work. A week earlier, I was told by support that the updates had to be done before they could help me. To get the update to work, I had to do a lot of research of the web to get a solution. The solution would up requiring me to expand the recovery sector and reduce the main partition. It took a while but I finally cleared Windows 10 to upgrade.

I had removed and added Quicken multiple times. Even downloaded a PATCH version. So I reached out to support again. Call with support was over 4 hours - starting and stoping the laptop. At the end support and I were working on trying to fix webview2 by removing and then installing Webview2, but it would not delete. After the call I installed Webview by installing a new version of Edge. I had been told that I would not get call back from tier 2 for another 10 days the 26th I believe that was when it was scheduled.

I could not delete or reload Webview2 for some reason. I can only think that MSFT has it corrupt Webview2 if Edge is not on the box. Finally re-installed MSFT Edge. It had been taking up too much memory and cpu processing time so I had deleted Edge. I use Chrome or Firefox. Anyway when I reloaded a current version of Edge, it loaded a current version of Webview2 (that was not corrupted). I tried this on a Win7 laptop first, this appeared to solve my problem and Quicken asked me to login to Intuit. I did the same thing on Win10 laptop and it also worked.

Why a MSFT program (Webview2) gets corrupted when MSFT Edge is removed is the question. I had removed Edge from a WIN7 laptop and a WIN10 laptop and both had this issue. And why this a know issue and available to support is another thing I do not understand. If I hadnt got Quicken to work on Win7 box, I would still not have access to my data.

My thanks to Pablo and his support folks for hanging in there with me. This is something that should be published and in the tier 1 support guide.

Hope this helps someone.

Reggie A.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow that is quite an ordeal to have to deal with. I do know that others have hit problems with webview2, so maybe this will help some of them.

From the days back with IE Microsoft has had a tendency to couple the web browser (mostly the backend libraries) with other things in the operating system. So, maybe that is what is going on. Interesting note when the EU "forced Microsoft to not force it to be installed on their machines" that isn't what really happened, because they couldn't remove it for real. They just hide the GUI, and by that time there already was a option to use other web browsers for the default browser.

And just to be a bit "correct" you are logging in with a Quicken Id to a Quicken Inc server. Not an Intuit server.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.