Estate Planning Account Detail Report

Options
Paul Aboud
Paul Aboud Member
edited February 25 in Reports

I recommend creating a report that captures data already captured in each account’s details to feed estate plans without the need to duplicate efforts. Allowing users to customize the report to include accounts and data fields desired would be extremely beneficial. Understanding that this will not be used to create wills and trusts directly, it would allow users to more easily generate products to support that effort.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Paul Aboud Can you elaborate on what this report you're requesting would contain? Aside from a list of accounts and their balances — e.g. a net worth report — what account details are contained in Quicken which would be useful for estate planning?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Interesting idea. @Paul Aboud , could you mock up the kind of report you're looking for so we could understand better?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I suggest from the Account list (Ctrl-A) with proper Options selection (esp. the Include additional info when printing), most of the relevant information can be presented in a printed report (or pdf file).

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

There was an Intuit Quicken Product developed but I don't think it is currently maintained or updated. It is the Emergency Records Organizer. It is still being used by many Quicken users. There are many different records available, but here is an example of one record type.

@Paul Aboud - is this the type of documentation you were thinking of? There is a whole section on account information. The Emergency Records Organizer still exists in Quicken but you need to install it separately from the Quicken directory. The program file is "EmergencyRecordsOrganizer.exe". As I mentioned it isn't updated or maintained, so it's used "as is". And, I am not sure what plans Quicken has to revive this product, if any. Maybe your request will spur some interest in updating and maintaining this program.