How do I set up quick pay?

Options

I USE WINDOWS 11. WHEN QUICK PAY WAS FIRST INTRODUCED, I WAS ABLE TO SET IT UP AND USE IT. THEN ONE BY ONE THE BILLERS STOPPED UPDATING. I TRIED TO UPDATE THE BILLERS, I WOULDE GET A MESSAGE ABOUT WAITING ON THE LATEST INFO. AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME, I REMOVED ALL THE BILLERS AND TRIED TO STARET OVER. THERE IS NO OPTION TO SET UP QUICK, I CAN SET UP CHECK PAY BUT NOT QUICK PAY. IS QUICK PAY STILL AVAILABLE? I'VE HAD THIS ISSUE FOR OVER A YEAR I'M JUST GETTIG TIRED OF GOING TO EACH BILLERS WEB SITE4 TO PAY MY BILLS EACH MONTH, SO I THOUGHT IU WOULD TRY SETTING UP QUICK PAY. BUT I DIDN'THAVE ANY SUCCESS.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quickpay is still available unless the account in question is set up with the Express Web Connect+ (EWC+) connection method. Quickpay is not yet compatible with EWC+ although the messaging from Quicken is that they are investigating how they might be able to restore that functionality. However, no timeline has been communicated regarding this and there have been no updates on this for quite some time.

EWC+ has been getting cut in with financial institutions since Nov 2021 (I think that's when it started). Now many of the biggest financial institutions have migrated to it, including, Chase, Citi, US Bank, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, PNC Bank and others. Those that have cut in EWC+ have eliminated using Express Web Connect (EWC). Some have also eliminated Direct Connect (DC) and Web Connect (WC), as well.

After cutting in EWC+, some banks have continued to offer DC with Bank Bill Pay which allows us to set up bill pay inside Quicken and have Quicken send the bill pay instructions directly to the bank. The bank will then decide whether to send the payment via check in the mail or via ACH payment. The bank will select the most cost effective and efficient payment method which is usually ACH. The mailed check method is typically reserved only for those recipients who cannot accept ACH payments. Of the list shown above, US Bank, Wells Fargo and PNC Bank still support DC with Bank Bill Pay (but I think US Bank does charge a small monthly fee for this service…the others do not).

If you don't know how to find out what the connection method is, there are a couple of ways to do that:

• At the top left of the Account Register screen, look at the line directly beneath the Account Name. It will be shown at the end of that line enclosed in parenthesis.
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > look in the Online setup box.

Does this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.